Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is one of North America’s largest producers of European sausages and deli meats, known for quality products such as Black Forest ham, air-dried salamis and meat snacks.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
Senior Research & Development Technician
Under the direction of the Research and Development Manager , acts as the department’s Senior Research and Development Technician supporting the Manager in the effective operation of the department, in the development and implementation of new products and in fulfilling the overall mandates of the department in accordance with Company philosophy.
- Perform product and processing tests, including all preparations and follow-up paper work
- Maintain a R&D project tracking system
- Maintain policies and procedures in the R&D area to meet legislative and corporate standards
- Coordinate new product set-up, plant trials, first production and product launch.
- Present proposals for new product development or process improvements to Manager.
- Provide technical advice and assistance in problem solving of production issues to the company and customers.
- Establish and provide product information with regards to ingredients and other specifications for sales, marketing and customer.
- Review and sign formula and specification sheets for private label products upon approval of changes or new products.
- Meet with suppliers about new ingredients and materials for testing purposes.
· Food Science engineering degree or Master Sausage Maker with 3-5 years related experience in the meat industry and knowledge of government regulations is required.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills
· Excellent communication
· Previous supervisory experience is beneficial
Human Resources Generalist (14 month Contract)
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, your position purpose is to assist in providing Human Resources support to the company in the areas of payroll, benefits, onboarding, employee relations and policy interpretation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Process an hourly payroll on a bi-weekly basis for approximately 200 employees
· Manage the Training Program
· Conduct onboarding for hourly employees
· Ensure data integrity for HRIS system, employees files, HR records
· Administer and execute on HR objectives, programs and events
· Advise supervisors and employees on the interpretation of employee policies, benefits, and payroll information
· University degree in Human Resources or a related field.
· Working towards a CHRP is considered an asset.
· 1-2 years experience in a Human Resources preferably in a manufacturing role
· Superior organizational, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
· Team player with openness and integrity
If this position and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume by Friday April 5th
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
Waterloo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Brantford - email@example.com
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.