Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is a premier Canadian producer of the finest European-style processed meats. Our award-winning deli products are sold to grocery and restaurant chains throughout North America.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
Information Technology (IT) Manager
The Manager, Information Technology (“IT”) purpose is to design, build, implement, improve, and maintain all company information technology systems and related infrastructure. Based in Waterloo and reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the mandate of the position is to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability of all operations through the innovative use of technology.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, the candidate will work across the entire organization, including finance, sales, and administration, identifying and executing value-added IT projects.
· Leads local Infrastructure, Applications and Services Desk teams, including primary responsibility for the data center.
· Develops and executes IT strategies to enhance operational excellence, improve staff effectiveness, and foster innovation.
· Oversees IT development, enhancement, maintenance, and integration of new to existing systems.
· Ensures adequate and effective disaster recovery plan and backup of all essential systems, including primary responsibility for offsite DR site.
· Ensures systems results by conducting system audits of technologies and processes implemented or designed.
· Provides technical expertise and leadership during all technology deployments, systems upgrades, installations, and conversions or data maintenance.
· Maintains a strong vendor-management process, including vendor scorecards and RFP management
· Maintains a strong commitment to written documentation, including but not limited to IT policies, internal architecture documentation, system and user manuals, license management, and documentation of modifications and upgrades (change control).
Education and credentials: A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent education and experience, along with advanced technical or managerial credentials (CRISC, PMP, CISP, CISM) or related experience.
Experience and expertise:
Strong history of coaching and mentorship, able to lead staff and business leaders to understand and support the overall IT vision.
Project management skills: Superlative organizational and project management skills and experience. Commitment to effective communication and negotiation, with a drive to complete projects on time, under budget, and exceeding client expectations. Able to manage heavy workloads and tight deadlines.
Verbal and written communication skills: Excellent and effective use of language (in English) to guide, influence, and document project progress or issues.
Customer service skills: Deeply committed to delivering effective, timely, and appropriate service to all internal and external clients. Considered a model for all IT staff.
Strategic/analytical orientation: Proven ability to think strategically, to apply a results-oriented approach. Excellent analytical skills, with a creative approach to problem solving. Ability to quickly change direction due to changing business goals. Strategically and systematically evaluates the impacts of decisions on projected needs and prospective services, demonstrating good judgment from a broad perspective.
Travel Requirement: Local travel to various locations - Waterloo & Brantford
Language Skills: Proficient in verbal and written English required
Marketing - Packaging & Graphics Specialist
What’s the opportunity?
The Packaging & Graphics Specialist is responsible for managing and executing all packaging artwork and graphic design projects. Based in Waterloo Ontario and reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position is an integral part of our high-performing and dynamic marketing team.
We’re looking for a creative, energetic, and enthusiastic individual who is excited to learn and bring innovative and unique ideas from concept to implementation. The Packaging & Graphics Specialist serves as a guardian for our brands and requires someone with a keen eye for detail, who will ensure adherence to the Company’s quality and brand standards across all packaging and promotional materials. If you’re a collaborative team player and creative thinker with a tendency to be highly organized, precise, and focused on delivery, we want to hear from you!
- Develop and coordinate the production of all graphic materials with external vendors as needed for brand and product marketing support including point of sale materials, signage, displays, tradeshows, etc.
- Execute artwork and design projects for new products and existing product changes, including the development of creative briefs, copy decks, and reports, as required.
- Coordinate French translations for all packaging, point of sale displays, website, contest, etc.
- Develop, implement, and manage a cataloging system for all final art and graphic assets.
- Manage external supplier and vendor relationships, including negotiating pricing and contracts for goods and services related to packaging and graphic design.
- Cultivate strong cross-functional team communication to ensure all new packaging designs or existing product packaging changes meet regulatory and technical standards and are understood by all internal stakeholders.
- Track, maintain, and report on all marketing expenses related to packaging and graphic design.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Arts, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in packaging, marketing, or related field.
- Experience in CPG/Grocery/Food industry is considered a strong asset.
- Bilingual (English/French) is considered a strong asset.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, with a proven ability to proofread and produce error-free work.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities within tight timelines, and work within a budget.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to effectively source information, obtain approvals, and build internal and external business relationships.
- Proven ability to support all packaging and promotional activities across multiple brands.
- Highly effective facilitation, presentation, and other communication skills.
- Social media savvy with a working knowledge of major social and digital platforms to develop engaging and relevant graphic content.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote) and basic knowledge of photo/image software (AcrobatPro, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Publisher).
Production Operator - Distribution
- Picking and staging orders in and out of the racking system for pick up and deliveries.
- Invoicing when needed.
- Operate Walkie lifter, Fork Truck or any other lifting/moving device required to move products from pile off lanes, staging and when loading trailers for shipping.
- Must have strong attention to detail for code dates.
- Some repetitive heavy lifting is involved.
- Working knowledge of computer systems for invoicing purposes when required
- Previous experience in a related position is preferred.
- Powered Walkie and Lift Truck certification is essential, or willingness and ability to obtain one immediately.
- Excellent prior work record including attendance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Candidates must be motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.