Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is a premier Canadian producer of the finest European-style processed meats. Our award-winning deli products are sold to grocery and restaurant chains throughout North America.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
Senior Research & Development Technician
Under the direction of the Research and Development Manager , acts as the department’s Senior Research and Development Technician supporting the Manager in the effective operation of the department, in the development and implementation of new products and in fulfilling the overall mandates of the department in accordance with Company philosophy.
· Perform product and processing tests, including all preparations and follow-up paper work
· Maintain a R&D project tracking system
· Maintain policies and procedures in the R&D area to meet legislative and corporate standards
· Coordinate new product set-up, plant trials, first production and product launch.
· Present proposals for new product development or process improvements to Manager.
· Provide technical advice and assistance in problem solving of production issues to the company and customers.
· Establish and provide product information with regards to ingredients and other specifications for sales, marketing and customer.
· Review and sign formula and specification sheets for private label products upon approval of changes or new products.
· Meet with suppliers about new ingredients and materials for testing purposes.
· Food Science engineering degree or Master Sausage Maker with 3-5 years related experience in the meat industry and knowledge of government regulations is required.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills
· Excellent communication
· Previous supervisory experience is beneficial
Accounts Payable Administrator – 13 MONTH CONTRACT
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Administrator to join our dynamic team for a 13 month contract. This position is responsible for verifying the accuracy of invoices, allocating expenses and issue timely payments as required throughout the month.
- Investigate discrepancies related to statements or invoices and resolve any differences.
- Divide paperwork into purchase orders, packing slips, invoices and statements
- Match invoices to packing slips, code accordingly and post into computer
- Print cheques, match with invoices and mail out
- Update supporting spreadsheets for financial statements using Excel
- Month End Journal Entries and GL Account Reconciliations
- Accounting and/or Business management diploma
- Require a minimum of 1 year full cycle Accounts Payable experience
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, navigating through several screens at once
- Experience working with Excel
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service, time management and analytical skills
If this position and the opportunity to join a progressive company interests you please apply by Friday October 12, 2018.
What’s the opportunity?
The General Manager is responsible to direct and manage plant operations; production planning and maintenance to meet the company’s growth strategy.
We’re looking for a dynamic, energetic, hands on individual who is excited to bring innovative and new ideas to our manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player who is willing to assist the Company to move forward.
- Manage the Operations, Maintenance and Production Planning Teams.
- Oversee management of production to ensure production volumes are met in a cost effective manner.
- Provide ongoing leadership and training to accomplish the Company goals and objectives.
- Recommend equipment modifications and changes necessary for company growth strategy.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for productions standards and quality control.
- Maintain quality assurance policies and standards to comply with government regulations.
- Ensure all staff are in compliance with internal and external Health & Safety policies.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Food Science or Master Sausage Maker Trade.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in the meat industry as a Management level.
- Experience in CPG/Grocery/Food industry is considered a strong asset.
- Strong proven leadership/management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to effectively build internal and external relationships.
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.