Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is one of North America’s largest producers of European sausages and deli meats, known for quality products such as Black Forest ham, air-dried salamis and meat snacks.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
Senior Research & Development Technician
Under the direction of the Research and Development Manager , acts as the department’s Senior Research and Development Technician supporting the Manager in the effective operation of the department, in the development and implementation of new products and in fulfilling the overall mandates of the department in accordance with Company philosophy.
- Perform product and processing tests, including all preparations and follow-up paper work
- Maintain a R&D project tracking system
- Maintain policies and procedures in the R&D area to meet legislative and corporate standards
- Coordinate new product set-up, plant trials, first production and product launch.
- Present proposals for new product development or process improvements to Manager.
- Provide technical advice and assistance in problem solving of production issues to the company and customers.
- Establish and provide product information with regards to ingredients and other specifications for sales, marketing and customer.
- Review and sign formula and specification sheets for private label products upon approval of changes or new products.
- Meet with suppliers about new ingredients and materials for testing purposes.
· Food Science engineering degree or Master Sausage Maker with 3-5 years related experience in the meat industry and knowledge of government regulations is required.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills
· Excellent communication
· Previous supervisory experience is beneficial
The Sales Analyst will help optimize sales efforts through the analysis and prediction of sales trends and markets. The Sales analyst will assess data such as customer metrics, competitor information, and sales channels to determine the best methods of increasing both revenue and market share. They will provide advice to sales teams, and executives to develop sales targets, assess strategies to boost revenue, and develop promotional campaigns and budgets.
This is a data-driven role that requires a balance of market analysis, budget management, and industry experience.
- Assisting in the sales process through data analytics
- collecting and analyzing data from multiple sources (internal sales reporting and customer retail data)
- Developing methods and strategies for assessing large amounts of data
- Lead the process of implementing and managing sales scorecards and business updates for major retail customers
- Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly customized reports to Sales Leadership
- Assist National Account Executives in the management and direction of customer trade spend.
- Provide guidance on past discretional trade spend activities and make recommendations for future spend
- Monitor and track weekly promotional activity, flyers etc.
- Ad hoc analysis weekly – with direction and proactive. Eg. NF sliced analysis, FB sliced analysis.
- Retail distribution – identify and prioritize retail distribution voids.
- Closely studying and analyzing past sales data to determine trends in productivity
- Suggesting adjustments and revisions to current sales techniques and promotional strategies to improve sales performance and ROI.
- Assisting the National Account Executives with sales forecasting process
- Attending and participating during sales strategy meetings;
- Providing assistance with other Piller’s systems as required.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- 2-3 years of food industry experience
- Experience using sales data tracking systems
- Advanced Microsoft knowledge
- Relationship building and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Smokehouse Operator - NIGHT SHIFT
- Oversees the smokehouse process, program controls, troubleshoots smokehouse problems
- Fill and empty smoke houses with product
- Transport product to coolers or drying room
- Maintain proper temperatures in cook tanks and fill and empty cook tanks.
- Manually check smokehouse temperatures
- Clean and wash smokehouses
- Keep a flexible schedule to assist with vacation coverage
- One to two years previous production experience in the plant preferred
- Reading and writing skills essential
- Applicants must be highly detail oriented and mechanically inclined
- Must be comfortable working independently
Hours: Monday to Friday - 8:30pm - 5:00am (Nights)
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
Waterloo - email@example.com
Brantford - firstname.lastname@example.org
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.