Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is one of North America’s largest producers of European sausages and deli meats, known for quality products such as Black Forest ham, air-dried salamis and meat snacks.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
Industrial Electrician Day Shift (Brantford)
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrician for our day shift (6:00am-2:30pm) to troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance in our state of the art meat processing facility in Brantford. Candidates must possess a valid Electrical license (Construction and Maintenance 309D and/or an Industrial Electrician 442A).
The position will appeal to a tradesperson who is knowledgeable in several trades and who likes a wide variety of technical challenge. The position will focus on the repair and preventative maintenance of a variety of meat processing equipment including stuffers, smokehouses, grinders and choppers. We require a skilled tradesperson with a good working knowledge of PLC’s, familiarity and aptitude with high speed equipment, sound troubleshooting and repair of electric-pneumatic controls.
The position is a full-time permanent day shift position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 6:00am to 2:30pm with occasional overtime, during the week and/or on Saturdays.
Pillers offers successful candidates with a competitive hourly wage, health benefits and a pension plan.
Industrial Electrician - Afternoon Shift (Waterloo)
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrician for our afternoon shift. The candidate will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and troubleshooting, as well as, equipment repair and installation on a variety of food processing and packing lines; competent with the use of a Work Order System and able to work independently; familiarity with the meat processing, food safety and HACCP regulations and the ability to work in a refrigerated environment would be considered an asset.
To qualify you must hold an electrician’s license (Construction and Maintenance 309D and/or an Instrustrial Electrician 442A) and have a minimum of one year industrial experience.
The position is a full-time permanent afternoon shift position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 2:30pm to 11:00pm with occasional overtime, during the week and/or on Saturdays.
Senior Research & Development Technician
Under the direction of the Research and Development Manager , acts as the department’s Senior Research and Development Technician supporting the Manager in the effective operation of the department, in the development and implementation of new products and in fulfilling the overall mandates of the department in accordance with Company philosophy.
· Perform product and processing tests, including all preparations and follow-up paper work
· Maintain a R&D project tracking system
· Maintain policies and procedures in the R&D area to meet legislative and corporate standards
· Coordinate new product set-up, plant trials, first production and product launch.
· Present proposals for new product development or process improvements to Manager.
· Provide technical advice and assistance in problem solving of production issues to the company and customers.
· Establish and provide product information with regards to ingredients and other specifications for sales, marketing and customer.
· Review and sign formula and specification sheets for private label products upon approval of changes or new products.
· Meet with suppliers about new ingredients and materials for testing purposes.
· Food Science engineering degree or Master Sausage Maker with 3-5 years related experience in the meat industry and knowledge of government regulations is required.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills
· Excellent communication
· Previous supervisory experience is beneficial
Sanitation Worker - Afternoons
The Sanitation Worker will:
Perform sanitation tasks in the production environment including work areas and equipment adhering to the standards as set by the supervisor.
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work independently
- Good attendance record
- Physically fit
- Able to work in a cold environment
- Must be able to wear steel toe boots, a hairnet, bump cap and hearing protection
Monday to Friday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
Waterloo - email@example.com
Brantford - firstname.lastname@example.org
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.