Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is one of North America’s largest producers of European sausages and deli meats, known for quality products such as Black Forest ham, air-dried salamis and meat snacks.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
Senior Research & Development Technician
Under the direction of the Research and Development Manager , acts as the department’s Senior Research and Development Technician supporting the Manager in the effective operation of the department, in the development and implementation of new products and in fulfilling the overall mandates of the department in accordance with Company philosophy.
- Perform product and processing tests, including all preparations and follow-up paper work
- Maintain a R&D project tracking system
- Maintain policies and procedures in the R&D area to meet legislative and corporate standards
- Coordinate new product set-up, plant trials, first production and product launch.
- Present proposals for new product development or process improvements to Manager.
- Provide technical advice and assistance in problem solving of production issues to the company and customers.
- Establish and provide product information with regards to ingredients and other specifications for sales, marketing and customer.
- Review and sign formula and specification sheets for private label products upon approval of changes or new products.
- Meet with suppliers about new ingredients and materials for testing purposes.
· Food Science engineering degree or Master Sausage Maker with 3-5 years related experience in the meat industry and knowledge of government regulations is required.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills
· Excellent communication
· Previous supervisory experience is beneficial
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – ALTERNATE CHANNEL
As a result of our company’s continued growth we are currently seeking a Key Account Manager in our Sales Department to join our dynamic team. This position is located in the Kitchener/Waterloo area and is responsible for developing and growing our Alternate Channel business. This position will include but is not limited to developing a sales contact plan, building strategic proposals, and seeking new clients.
- Initiate and further develop sales within Alternate Channels i,e; Gas and Convenience, E-commerce, Dollar stores, Sporting Goods stores, and Mass Merchants.
- Maintain existing business with active customer list by promoting the company and providing excellent customer service through regular contact in all manners of communication
- Responsible for profitability of accounts through accurate and current pricing
- Achieve sales volumes and contribution objectives for all accounts
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales and/or Marketing
- 2 - 3 years of sales experience
- Previous experience dealing with Gas and Convenience channel is preferred
- Working knowledge of computers is essential
- Relationship building and communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to read and write in French would be considered an asset
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
Waterloo - email@example.com
Brantford - firstname.lastname@example.org
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.