Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is a premier Canadian producer of the finest European-style processed meats. Our award-winning deli products are sold to grocery and restaurant chains throughout North America.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
Summer Student Production Employees
Summer Student Production Employees
To qualify you must be able to work in a refrigerated and physically demanding environment, be able to lift 50lb, possess a solid work ethic, and be a student returning to school in the Fall of 2017. A commitment of employment until the end of August 2017 will be required.
In return we offer competitive wages and valuable experience for your future endeavors.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
- Days - 6:30am - 3:00pm
- Afternoons - 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Millwright - Days
We are seeking an experienced Millwright on our day shift to troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance in our state of the art meat processing facility. Candidates must possess a valid Millwright license (443A).
The position will appeal to a tradesperson who is knowledgeable in several trades and who likes a wide variety of technical challenge:
- Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment
- Perform day to day preventative maintenance, machine diagnostics and general equipment and building repair.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulics troubleshooting and repair
- Develop and facilitate maintenance best practices and equipment improvement efforts
- Provide on-call assistance as necessary
- PLC Troubleshooting an asset
- Ability to weld and fabricate with stainless steel as required
- Other tasks assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor as required
- 443A License
- Licensed Millwright 3-5 years’ experience in a Food Manufacturing Setting will be given preference.
- Familiarity with reading electrical prints, for basic troubleshooting in breakdown situations
- Familiarity with industrial meat processing machine operation.
- Experience with PM repair of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Basic knowledge of Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens and other PLC would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
- Must be a self starter and be willing to work flexible hours with minimal supervision.
- Working under pressure you will solve emergency maintenance issues.
- Organized and able to prioritize issues.
- Ability to meet changing requirements and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving, and communication skills
- Must be a team player and highly motivated individual.
The position is a full-time permanent day shift position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 5:30am to 2:00pm with occasional overtime, during the week and/or on Saturdays.
Industrial Electrician - Afternoons
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrician for our afternoon shift. The candidate will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and troubleshooting, as well as, equipment repair and installation on a variety of food processing and packing lines; competent with the use of a Work Order System and able to work independently; familiarity with the meat processing, food safety and HACCP regulations and the ability to work in a refrigerated environment would be considered an asset.
To qualify you must hold an electrician’s license (Construction and Maintenance 309D and/or an Instrustrial Electrician 442A) and have a minimum of one year industrial experience.
The position is a full-time permanent afternoon shift position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 2:30pm to 11:00pm with occasional overtime, during the week and/or on Saturdays.
The successful candidate will be, as part of the R&D team, responsible for making sausages and other processed meat products in a test facility along with coordinating and completing all R&D responsibilities with respect to project management, new product development or reformulation of products and processes, ensuring all administrative details associated with this process are accurate and complete; Provide support with product launch; ensure compliance with all applicable legislation; drafting and maintaining product Standard Operating Procedures and trade specifications.
- Food Science engineering degree with 2-3 years related experience in the meat industry and knowledge of government regulations
- Successful completion of a Butcher Apprenticeship (Butcher Papers) and or Butcher Master Papers would be an assess
- Advanced computer experience, strong communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills are required.
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.