Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is a premier Canadian producer of the finest European-style processed meats. Our award-winning deli products are sold to grocery and restaurant chains throughout North America.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
The successful candidate will be, as part of the R&D team, responsible for making sausages and other processed meat products in a test facility along with coordinating and completing all R&D responsibilities with respect to project management, new product development or reformulation of products and processes, ensuring all administrative details associated with this process are accurate and complete; Provide support with product launch; ensure compliance with all applicable legislation; drafting and maintaining product Standard Operating Procedures and trade specifications.
- Food Science engineering degree with 2-3 years related experience in the meat industry and knowledge of government regulations
- Successful completion of a Butcher Apprenticeship (Butcher Papers) and or Butcher Master Papers would be an assess
- Advanced computer experience, strong communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills are required.
Millwright - Afternoon Shift
We are seeking an experienced Millwright on our day shift to troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance in our state of the art meat processing facility. Candidates must possess a valid Millwright license (443A).
The position will appeal to a tradesperson who is knowledgeable in several trades and who likes a wide variety of technical challenge:
· Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment
· Perform day to day preventative maintenance, machine diagnostics and general equipment and building repair.
· Pneumatic and Hydraulics troubleshooting and repair
· Develop and facilitate maintenance best practices and equipment improvement efforts
· Provide on-call assistance as necessary
· PLC Troubleshooting an asset
· Ability to weld and fabricate with stainless steel as required
· Other tasks assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor as required
· Licensed Millwright 3-5 years’ experience in Food Manufacturing
· Familiarity with reading electrical prints, for basic troubleshooting in breakdown situations
· Familiarity with industrial meat processing machine operation
· Experience with PM repair of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
· Basic knowledge of Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens and other PLC would be an asset
· Strong knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
· Must be a self-starter
· Must be able to work under pressure to solve emergency maintenance issues
· Organized and able to prioritize issues
· Ability to meet changing requirements and deadlines in a fast paced environment
· Excellent problem solving, and communication skills
· Must be a team player and highly motivated individual
HOURS: MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 2:30PM – 11:00PM
The position is a full-time permanent afternoon shift position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 2:30pm to 11:00pm with occasional overtime, during the week and/or on Saturdays.
Senior Research & Development Technician
Under the direction of the Research and Development Manager , acts as the department’s senior research and development technician supporting the Manager in the effective operation of the department, in the development and implementation of new products and in fulfilling the overall mandates of the department in accordance with Company philosophy.
· Perform product and processing tests, including all preparations and follow-up paper work
· Maintain a R&D project tracking system
· Maintain policies and procedures in the R&D area to meet legislative and corporate standards
· Coordinate new product set-up, plant trials, first production and product launch.
· Present proposals for new product development or process improvements to Manager.
· Provide technical advice and assistance in problem solving of production issues to the company and customers.
· Establish and provide product information with regards to ingredients and other specifications for sales, marketing and customer.
· Review and sign formula and specification sheets for private label products upon approval of changes or new products.
· Meet with suppliers about new ingredients and materials for testing purposes.
· Food Science engineering degree or Master Sausage Maker with 3-5 years related experience in the meat industry and knowledge of government regulations is required.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills
· Excellent communication
· Previous supervisory experience is beneficial
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.