Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is one of North America’s largest producers of European sausages and deli meats, known for quality products such as Black Forest ham, air-dried salamis and meat snacks.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
National Account Executive - Loblaw
As a result of our company’s continued evolution, we are currently seeking a National Account Executive in our Sales Department to join our dynamic team. This position is located in the Waterloo office and is responsible for managing and growing our National Loblaw Companies Limited business. This is a high profile role within the organization and critical to the success of Piller’s. This position will include but is not limited to managing the national business, building strategic business plans for all LCL banners, managing trade spend and interacting with the vast network of LCL category, procurement and supply chain contacts.
- Achieve sales volume and margin contribution objectives
- Grow Loblaws business profitability through accurate management of programs and pricing
- Build a full year strategic plan for all banners within LCL
- Maintain and grow relationships with all key stakeholders by providing excellent customer service and regular interaction and communication
- Conduct regular market visits and surveys to understand opportunities by banner
- Weekly forecasting provided to Demand Planning
- Weekly reporting of results through Retail Scorecard
- Regular interaction with Piller’s Senior Management
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales and/or Marketing
- Minimum of 5-7 years of sales experience
- Previous experience calling on Loblaw head office is required
- Previous experience in the CPG industry is preferred
- Computer proficiency is required. Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Precima, etc.
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting within all levels at LCL
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to read and write in French would be considered an asset
Inside Sales Coordinator
As a result of our company’s continued evolution we are currently seeking an Inside Sales Coordinator in our Sales Department to join our dynamic team. This position is located in the Kitchener/Waterloo office and is responsible for acting as a liaison between customers, companies and consumers.
- Inputs orders, primary contact for complaints and manages complaint database.
- Assists with sales, demand planning, order status, account questions and billing and cancellations.
- To assist in the sales distribution flow between sales, customers and production through weekly product requirements and managing order flow and distribution.
- Assists sales with shipping samples for Export, Food Service and Retail.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Sales
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- Ability to speak French is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of computers is essential
- Relationship building and communication skills
- Must have demonstrated service-oriented skills, dealing with the public.
Location Waterloo, ON
Salary $72,000.00 / year
Terms of employment Permanent, Full time 38.00 hours / week
Start date As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Day
5 years or more
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Act as technical consultant in a particular field of expertise, Participate in the commercialization of new products
Specialization or Experience
Industrial Processes and Products Experience
Industrial operations and maintenance, Quality assurance and control, Industrial health and safety, Product development
Manufacturing Sector Experience
Development of regulatory programs, Government regulations control
Specializations in Chemistry
Conduct research to discover, develop, refine and evaluate new products such as those used in food chemistry, Develop and conduct programs of analysis to ensure quality control of raw materials, chemical intermediates or final products, Participate in interdisciplinary research and development projects.
a) Perform product and processing tests, including all preparations and follow-up paper work (daily).
b) Maintain a R&D project tracking system for SRED (daily)
c) Maintain policies and procedures in the R&D area to meet legislative and corporate standards. (daily)
d) Coordinate new product set-up, plant trials, first production and product launch. (as required)
e) Provide information to RA for preparation to complete SOPs, Trades Specs and approve label designs. (as required)
f) Provide Cost Accountant with details on R&D projects, changed formula and processes, to prepare proper cost and labour set up. (as required)
g) Present proposals for new product development or process improvements to Manager, if approved assume responsibility for project, including project implementation timetable to meet sales and/or customer demand. (as needed)
h) Provide technical advice and assistance in problem solving of production issues to the company and customers. (as needed)
i) Establish and provide product information with regard to ingredients and other specifications for sales, marketing and customer. (as required)
j) Review and sign formula and specification sheets for private label products upon approval of changes or new products. (as required
k) Meet with suppliers about new ingredients and materials for testing purposes (as required)
l) Work closely with Quality Assurance on projects and audits when necessary (as required)
m) Provide advice and guidance on SQF related matters that pertain to the R&D department and ensure that the department is in compliance with the SQF code. (as required
n) Provide adequate supervision throughout the manufacturing of Gluten Free Certified Products.
o) Be back-up for R&D Manager (as required).
How to apply
443 Wismer Street
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
Waterloo - email@example.com
Brantford - firstname.lastname@example.org
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.